Also, counting from the left, galaxy number three is 16. I had taken many more frames however the scope was not tracking well so I could not use those images in the final composite. Like the Dumbbell, M15 looks rather small, but the cluster is easily resolved. Jan 2011 update: Weather has been terrible. The image is at the full resolution of the camera but is cropped slightly.
For this shot I took the first 50 frames and made a final image, then did the same for the second set of 50 frames. Ergo, the 64bit drivers for the V2 should work on my V1. Try it and find out! Is this the proper connection for this equipment? All this comes neatly packed in a custom hard carrying case. This is a single 180 second frame, no dark frame or flat frame, monochrome, at the full resolution of the camera. It simplifies the work of developers writing drivers, etc. M31 I took 38 more images of M31 tonight and then processed them into a final image.
The image is at the full resolution of the camera but it is cropped somewhat. It was pretty cold tonight too, down to around 11 degrees by early morning. I just can't seem to find it. Comet Lulin, 21 Feb 2009 I took about 60 images of this comet and stacked them, however after stacking the result was a very elongated comet. Celestron C-14 was used for guiding with an Orion Autoguider.
Guiding was done through the C-11 with the Orion Autoguider. Then I stack the next 10 and save that. Now, thermoelectric cooling can be manually shut off via software control, to eliminate dew in extreme outdoor conditions. Ideally, we should know the pixel size of your main imaging camera. The results are good, I am very happy with the unit. M33 This shot of M33 consists of 41 one minute exposures combined. The packing was pretty decent, there were air pillows all around the inner box.
M42 Preliminary shot Here's a shot of M42. Final processing done in Photoshop. I am including this shot as an example of little things that can mess up a shot had it not been for the focus issue this shot would have been ok! Stars towards the left edge of the field are not nice and round still have not had a chance to get the field flattener in place. I am satisfied with this first attempt at this pair however I am looking forward to doing a lot better! Amazingly, the StarShoot Pro can handle the Moon and deep-sky objects with nothing more than a change in the exposure time. Raw data reprocessed January 2012, this is the new image. Labels were added to identify the objects of interest. That gives the Pro 6.
Temperature outside was around 10 degrees F. At High Point all in stock orders ship within 24 hours, pending internal credit card approval. So far there have been only four clear nights this summer clear enough for astronomy! The image is at the full resolution of the camera but it is cropped somewhat. Taken with the C-14 with a Celestron F6. The autoguider allowed excellent tracking with no hassles. Celestron C-14 was used for guiding with an Orion Autoguider.
Overall I am finding that this imager is a pleasure to use and it is working quite well. Guiding was done through the C-11 using the Orion autoguider. The image is at the full scale resolution of the camera but it is cropped slightly. The image is at the full scale of the imager but it is cropped. Each hardware manufacturer make their own drivers.
This is one of my favorite gobular clusters. Careful inspection reveals a number of other background galaxies. I took 120 one minute images for this but so far I've only had time to process 60 of them the result is shown. The image is at the full resolution of the camera but is cropped slightly. Compare this image to the one above taken on 17 September 2009 this new image is definitely improved! Where do I get all this stuff? What really amazes me is how good of an image I can get despite a Full Moon being high up in the sky when the above 3 images were taken! Processed with darks and flats and flats for darks. Guiding was done through the C-11 using the Orion autoguider. When stacking color images, I find that it is better to stack 10 images, then save that off as a file for more stackng later.
I managed to get 4 images tonight. The image is at the full resolution of the camera but it is slightly cropped. Final processing done in Photoshop. The image is at the full resolution of the camera but it is slightly cropped. This image is a stack of five exposures of 300 seconds each, for a total of 1500 seconds exposure. This galaxy is challenging to image as it sits very close to a 2. This image is the result of stacking 48 thirty second exposures.
Celestron C-14 was used for guiding with an Orion Autoguider. M97 Here's a 96 minute exposure 24x240 seconds of Owl Nebula in Ursa Major. The Double Cluster This is so far my best image of the Double Cluster. Raw data reprocessed 02 January 2012, this is the new image. Final processing done in Photoshop.